Lip Lift Surgery in Birmingham, London, Manchester & Leicester
Using fillers to enhance form and definition of the upper lip has gained significant popularity over the recent years. However, a lip lift is an alternative with most of the benefits of lip fillers, but without the need for repeating the filler injections every few months. This is an incredibly elegant and subtle procedure that results in a more natural appearance of the lip.
Renowned surgeon Samuel Mattine has been performing lip lift surgery for many years. With his long-standing expertise in facial procedures, Mr Mattine is able to create a natural, plumping effect to your lips, with post-surgery swelling going down in just a matter of days. For more information about lip lift surgery which can be performed in any of our clinics across Birmingham, Manchester, London, Leicester and beyond, please read below.
Click here to read an article by Mr Mattine on Lip Lift Surgery
WHAT IS A LIP LIFT?
- This is a surgical procedure that volumizes the upper lip and enhances its form permanently, resulting in a more youthful and fuller lip. This is particularly effective in lips where the pink portion of the lip require both an increase in vertical height and eversion.
- The procedure takes less than an hour and is performed under local anaesthesia. The scar is well hidden under the base of the nose in a natural crease.
WHY WOULD YOU CONSIDER A LIP LIFT?
- As we age, the supporting ligaments of the lip weaken and we lose volume, making the lip thinner and longer. Patients seeking lip lift surgery often have tried lip fillers without achieving the desired outcome.
UPPER LIP LIFT CANDIDATES
- Patients who do not show teeth when smiling
- Long Philtrum (space between the nose and the upper lip)
- Thin flat lips
- Those with the look of ‘duck lips’ after filler injections
LIP LIFT PATIENTS ARE CATEGORISED INTO TWO GROUPS.
- Younger patients – Those frustrated with repeated need for lip fillers or those hoping to reduce lower facial height and improve overall facial proportions. Here this is typically used to avoid the plastic appearance with fillers.
- Older patients – with elongation of the nose-mouth distance, thinning and inversion of the pink lip. The lift gives the upper lip a lighter and more defined appearance with greater volume and tooth show.
EFFECTS OF UPPER LIP LIFT
- Improves definition and volume of upper lip
- Shortening of the lip length between the nose and mouth
- Increased tooth show
- Increased sensuality of the mouth
- Shortening of the perceived length of the lower midface
- Results in an everted appearance of the upper lip
- Improvement in upper lip wrinkles
- More youthful appearance of lower face
CORNER LIP LIFT
This is used in older patients and involves only the edges of the mouth and is designed for patient who feels as though the corner of the mouth is turned down and they have a permanent frown.
If you’re interested in an upper or corner lip lift, please contact our team at any of our clinics based in Birmingham, Manchester, London, Leicester and further afield. You can also visit our contact page for more information or call us on 07585955445.