Hairline Lowering & Forehead Reduction Surgery in Birmingham, London, Manchester & Leicester
The forehead makes up the upper 1/3 of the face and essentially “frames” the entire face. A long or short forehead or an underlying abnormality of the bone or soft tissue can disturb facial harmony and proportions and ultimately result in poor facial cosmesis and appearance.
Click here to read an article by Mr Mattine on Hairline Lowering/Forehead Shortening
DIFFERENT TYPES OF FOREHEAD SURGERY
- Reducing the size of a large forehead or alternatively lengthening a small forehead by changing the hairline.
- Brow bone reduction for large or prominent brow bones.
- Brow bone augmentation using onlay materials such as implants or bone cements in patients with weak bones over the eyes.
- Forehead Plasty to augment or reduce bony irregularities such as osteomas, forehead convexities, prominence, or flatness.
HAIRLINE LOWERING/FOREHEAD SHORTENING
- The aesthetic balance of facial proportions is paramount to the aesthetic facial norms. Attractiveness is often defined as a proportionality of the major aesthetic units. Patients with large forehead typically demonstrate disproportionate facial units and remain frustrated and self-conscious of a high hairline.
- Also called Hairline Lowering Surgery or Forehead Reduction, this surgery lowers the hairline and reduces the height of the forehead and achieves more aesthetically appealing facial proportions.
- Individuals concerned with long forehead can restore a more aesthetically appealing facial proportion with this technique. This procedure is often combined with Brow Lift Surgery to achieve a more balanced forehead.
- Please look under Brow Lift for further information regarding this procedure.
FOREHEAD PLASTY (CONTOURING OR RESHAPING)
- Forehead reduction surgery, also known as forehead reshaping or contouring surgery is typically performed for aesthetic purposes in clients unhappy with the size and/or shape of their forehead and looking to improve appearance. The forehead could appear either too masculine or too feminine, or simply be out-of-balance with other facial features.
- Forehead Reduction Surgery is considered an integral part of facial feminization surgery as it can create a more feminine forehead and improve overall facial cosmesis. This can also be offered to men conscious of feminine appearance of their forehead.
- Facial Bone Reduction/Shave/Contouring
- The procedure shapes the forehead and the bone around the eyes to reduce forehead and brow ridge prominence. Reducing bone under the brows can also open up the eyes, creating a more naturally feminine, softer appearance.
- An additional benefit of this surgery is the ability to concurrently increase or reduce the size of the forehead by changing the hairline.