Facial Implants including Chin & Cheeks in Birmingham, London, Manchester & Leicester
- Facial augmentation is an effective technique to improve facial form and enhance the face that lack definition or volume in individuals with weak bony structure or where tissue volume has been lost due to aging, resulting in a narrow or flat.
- Facial definition and profile can be enhanced with different implants materials and designs. Results of facial enhancement with implants are permanent in comparison with soft tissue augmentation with fillers or Fat Grafting.
- These are several types of implants ranging from off-the-shelf implant to customized patient-specific implants designed individually for each patient. Similarly, there are different type(s) of implant that materials such as Silicon, PEEK or Medpor and each have their individual indications.
- Facial Implants can be used to balance facial contours and to augment areas of poorly defined tissue in the CHEEKS, CHIN and different parts of the JAWS.
- Mr Mattine offers a diverse range of implant options and designs.
- Facial enhancement with Implants is relatively simple and an attractive option in improving facial aesthetics. However, many patients often report dissatisfaction with the outcome of their implant surgery. This is primarily due to poor diagnosis of the type of the deformity, poor placement or inappropriate selection of the size, shape or type of the implant.
- Other factors contributing to poor outcome is the failure to fix the implant, resulting in migration of the implant and subsequent facial asymmetry and in some cases recurrent infection due to movement. With extensive experience in complex facial deformities and an in-depth knowledge and understanding of facial anatomy, Mr Mattine has developed techniques that minimise these risks.
- When implants are placed in conjunction with other surgical procedure such as a facelift or eyelid surgery, the implants can be inserted through incisions made for those procedures. However, when placed as the sole treatment, these implants can be placed through small incisions made in the mouth or the lower eyelids to avoid unnecessary scaring.
- Facial implants have the advantages of short and relatively safe surgery with dramatic improvement and permanent results, feeling natural to your bone and availability of multiple options for shape, size, and projection to customize the desired look.