FACIAL FAT GRAFTING
- Facial fat transfer is an advanced facial rejuvenation technique where fat is harvested via liposuction from one area of the body, carefully processed, purified and then injected into areas of the face to restore natural volume and youthfulness and improve facial contour and symmetry.
- This is at the very cutting edge of regenerative medicine and a useful adjunctive procedure in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery with immense regenerative potentials.
- The more recent advances in this area, particularly ‘nanofat’ and ‘micro fat’ techniques facilitate facial enhancement in the more delicate areas such as the temples, cheeks, tear trough, eye sockets, nasolabial folds, jawline and lips.
- The volumes required for the face are relatively small,
Facial fat transfer is a powerful tool in fine tuning the results of other facial cosmetic procedures such as facelift, brow lift, upper and lower blepharoplasty, neck lift and lip augmentation/lift.
THE FACIAL FAT GRAFTING PROCEDURE
- The fat is usually harvested from the lower abdomen thighs or bottom using liposuction, then processed, purified and then injected into the face using specially designed blunt needles in order to restore the volume that diminishes with age.
- For the most part, the results of fat transfer to the face are lifelong. However, not all of the transferred fat will survive the process. It is generally agreed that about 70% of the injected fat will survive the process and will remain permanent. Occasionally, more than one procedure may be required to achieve the desired contour.
INDICATIONS FOR FACIAL FAT GRAFTING
- Restoring volume in hollow-looking areas of the face such as temples, around the eyes, tear trough, cheeks, lips and chin.
- Improving deep folds and skin creases, and a less prominent jawline.
- Rejuvenation skin quality and texture
FACIAL FAT TRANSFER OR FILLERS?
- Fat grafting is a worthwhile alternative to injectable fillers with the long-term advantage of having permanent volume restored for a lifetime and achieving more natural looking results and hence much more cost effective than fillers.
- This procedure allows the use of your own tissue thus eliminating the risk of allergic reaction.